Discussion Questions – Sept. 26, 2017
- Talk about the TEN –what God has been teaching each of them about Himself
- Tonight Wes mentioned “thinking about our thinking” – i.e.: we need to not just accept out thoughts as valid, but instead need to ask ourselves, “Is this thought true?”. Have you ever considered doing that before? What could happen if we don’t “think about our thinking”?
- Read John 8:42-44. What lies about yourself does Satan try to get you to believe?
- Use the “But God says. . .” formula to expose and defeat those lies with the power of God’s Truth. Together as a group find Scripture that speaks truth to each lie that each group member mentions.
- For example: “You won’t get through this.”
But God says. . .
dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isa. 41:10
- Some good resources to help in this exercise:
1-In the back of the “Teachings” book there is a section entitled “Scripture Helps” that address some common topics.
2-Biblegateway.com has a “Keyword Search” tab that you can use.